Saturday, November 1, 2008

For the Birds

I got this little wooden painted bird at Anthropologie.




Isn't he cute? I love birds. In our garden on Jane Street we had all kinds of birds -- red cardinals, blue jays, fat grey doves fluttering in at dusk. On 15th Street I didn't see any birds in the back so I got a bird feeder and hung it at the window. My father in Connecticut gave me some glossy black sunflower seeds. I mixed them with other seeds in the bird feeder. It took a while but finally the birds did come. Now they love it. The bird feeder bangs against the living room window as they peck away. I fill up the bird feeder and it's empty in twenty-four hours. I'm looking forward to seeing the birds over the winter time. They add some life to the scene when everything else is dead and grey.

No comments: